New Zealand has been highlighted as the world’s most prosperous country outside of Europe
The Prosperity Index is the only global index that uses measurements based on both wealth and wellbeing. Covering 96% of the world’s population and 99% of global GDP, the index provides a more complete picture of global prosperity than any other tool of its kind.
The country has secured a position in the top ten ranking of this index in terms of prosperity since 2009 showing the ongoing strength of its economy as well as the financial comfort it can offer British emigrants looking to move to New Zealand.
When the results are broken down New Zealand also ranks in the top 5 for social capital and particularly high in governance, investment and natural environment.
About Permanent Residence VISA
New Zealand PR Process: The ultimate goal to pursue a professional career is to get a job of your choice related to your field of expertise. Hence, you apply for a permanent residence visa that allows you to stay in New Zealand for an indefinite period of time and attend public-funded services at the same time. A New Zealand PR is definitely beneficial to get good job offers, based on numerous factors such as your years of experience, age, and educational qualification to name a few. This visa also allows you to travel to and from New Zealand to any part of the world, without conditions
Benefits of a Permanent Residence VISA
A few of the innumerable benefits that follow a PR in New Zealand are:
- You can live, work, travel and study in New Zealand indefinitely without any restrictions.
- You can avail medical facilities at subsidized rates as well as social security benefits
- Your children shall be eligible for free education at state-run schools and universities
- You can sponsor your relatives to apply for permanent resident visas, provided they meet the residency and assurance of support requirements
- You can apply for New Zealand citizenship after staying in the country for several years, needless to say that you fulfil all their other criteria such as basic usage of English language, communicative skills, good character, and a clear intent to continue staying in the country.
- Children born in New Zealand shall automatically gain citizenship of the country by birth
New Zealand PR Visa Requirements
The basic requirements to adhere to in order to obtain a PR Visa in New Zealand are:
- Age less than 55 years
- Fluency and good command over English language
- Good health and good character
- Job offer in hand (in case you have applied for sponsored work visa)
- Ability to prove your intent of stay in the country
One can apply to PR visa in New Zealand through various categories mainly Skilled Migrant Category, Partner Category, and Business and Investment Category.
New Zealand PR Points System
You can apply for New Zealand visas by directly applying to New Zealand Government. This is comparatively cheaper than getting in touch with agents or the visa bureau. In order to judge your eligibility, the government has formed a PR points system in which points are allotted under the following heads:
- Employability: 60 points for current skilled employees for over a year, 50 for people looking for a job/working for less than a year
- Work Experience: Ranges from 10 points for 2 years up to 50 points for 10 years, plus bonus 10 points if you have minimum 1 year work experience in New Zealand
- Qualifications: 50 points for a Bachelor’s Degree or any other major Diploma qualification and 70 for a Master’s or Doctorate Degree
- Family Ties: 10 points for close family members in New Zealand
- Age: Maximum of 30 points for 20-39 years up to a minimum of 5 points for 50-55 years of age
The minimum submission criteria would be 140 points for expression of Interest.
New Zealand PR Process for Indian Students
PR VISA, the application for which costs 190 NZD, can be obtained in New Zealand based on the following categories:
- Skilled Migrant Category Resident VISA: This is the best option for New Zealand immigrants, where you would first need to submit an online EOI (Expression of Interest). Once your EOI gets selected, you can expect a notification from NZ Immigration within the next two weeks. Then, you are required to submit your residence application with the required transcripts and other necessary documents. After processing your application, you can expect to hear from the immigration office within a span of 10 working days.
- Family Category VISA: You can apply for a PR visa under this category if you are a spouse/partner, parent or dependent child of a New Zealand permanent resident or citizen. One important thing is you have to be sponsored by either of the above mentioned relatives in New Zealand so that you can stay with them as a NZ permanent resident.
- Business and Investment VISA: In this, you can apply under Investor Category if you wish to invest in a New Zealand based firm. Another option is to apply under the Entrepreneur Category where you have to show that you are willing to establish your own business venture in the country. Needless to say, even after every point is taken into consideration, chances of your application getting accepted/rejected lie solely at the discretion of the New Zealand Immigration
Before applying for permanent residency in New Zealand, you need to have this information handy to understand your requirement and apply for the appropriate VISA[WP-Coder id="1"]