• You should apply for a Student Visitor Visa, a Student Visa, and Prior Entry Clearance before leaving your home country. If you don’t, you risk being turned away at arrival if you do not have all appropriate documents and information.

To apply for a student visa you will need the following:

  • Be accepted and enrolled in a recognized full-time degree course, or
  • A course run during the week involving at least 15 hours of organized daytime study each week, or
  • A full-time course at an independent fee-paying school.
  • Be able to pay for your course and support yourself and any dependents, and live in the UK without working or needing any help from public funds
  • Be able and intend to follow your chosen course
  • Intend to leave the UK when you complete your studies

There are three types of British visa which are as follow:

  • Short-term study visa: It’s applicable for students who are taking up a short summer course or a short research project as a part or in addition to their course work for a tenure up to 11 months.
  • Tier 4 (Child) student visa: Children aged between 4 to 17 years who are wishing to study in a school of UK can apply for this particular type of visa.
  • Tier 4 (General) student visa: It’s applicable for the students aged above 18 with an enrollment to any school or university in UK for earning a bachelor or a master’s degree.

Tier 4 (General) student visa is the longest stay visa and the residence permit. It generally takes 3 weeks to receive the visa but it is always suggestible for you to apply for it at least 3 months before the course starts in any scheduled place.

While applying you must need your fingerprints and photographs taken at a visa application center. This is required for the biometric residence permit which is an inevitable part of your visa application process. You are required to collect this permit within 10 days of your scheduled arrival (as stated in the application) in UK.

Your British visa application must need a proof of your competency in English language. You need to qualify a secured English language test. This is not essential if you have already earned a degree equivalent to a UK degree.

Documents Required for Tier 4 Visa:

  • Valid passport
  • Completed visa application Tier 4 student Visa Application form
  • Coloured passport sized photographs
  • A valid proof to support yourself financially during your stay without taking help from any other means
  • Tuberculosis test results (depending on your home country)
  • Valid proof of your parental consent in case you are under 18
  • Valid proof of the relationship between you and your parents.
  • Any other document required specific to your home country
[WP-Coder id="1"]