The United States is ranked as the #1 host of international students
The US is a melting pot of different cultures, races and ethnicities
182 places in the US have ‘Christmas’ in their name
The Harvard Library is the largest academic library in the world
The US has the maximum number of entrepreneurs in the world
As per the QS World Ranking 2019. 33 of the top 100 universities are from the US.
USA-The land of opportunities
- USA is the popular destination among the International students because of unique education system. The influx of International students are more as compared to other countries. Despite being the multicultural diversity, USA is the safest for International Students and USA is multiracial society that is still absorbing new immigrants. Universities of United States of America is popular for Teaching and Research worldwide. Once you gain a degree from any university of USA then, you will be valued worldwide and will get a huge job opportunities.
- The education system in USA is versatile. You just need to select the right course from right university at the right time. USA provides diverse range of course from all disciplines. Universities will gives immense opportunity to customize your course.
- The USA is the no.1 research and development Centre in the world. It has devoted the largest amount of human and financial resources to the research and development department. According to the Research and Development Statistics Report, USA had spent 464,324 million dollars in R&D.
- USA spends 2.73% of its GDP on research and development projects opening millions of research-based career pathways for international students.
- Along with American citizens, you will come across diverse cultures like Mexicans, Asians along with Indians. There is a strong Indian community in the US. Essentially, the USA is a multiracial society that is still absorbing new immigrants, which makes it a continuous melting pot of communities and cultures; an experience which will enrich your understanding of the world.
- At the graduate level, students have the opportunity to work directly with some of the finest minds in their field of study, with the chance to become involved with exclusive research and educational opportunities. U.S. degrees are recognized throughout the world for their excellence.
- Universities of USA provide tailor-made course and other than that Undergraduate students get immense opportunities of learning traditional as well as professional course. Post-graduate and PhD students gets an opportunity to work in their field and involve with the finest researchers of the World.
- Being a Hugh country, the USA is the home for a wide variety of climate. It generally has a continental climate with cold winters and hot summers. The western Bay area and Florida are exceptions with tropical summers and cooler winters.
- USA is one the popular study destination but the most expensive one. USA is flocked by International students because of it’s unique education system. While studying in an International destination, it is important to know whether cost of education is feasible or not. The cost differ from course to course and from university to university and even from city to city.
- On average , the cost of education for an undergraduate student is USD $26290 for the four-year institutions. A large number of international students opt for studying in the USA for their undergraduate studies right after their 12th, for the courses like MSc, MS and BA in USA. The course fees will of course change with the programs one chooses and institutions they apply to.
- The average tuition fees for a Masters Degree in the USA can cost anywhere between USD $20,000-$35,000 depending on the course and universities. The business courses, such as MBA in USAand medical in USA can be more expensive than this. Talking about Masters in USA, a large number of international students opt for STEM courses that comprise courses in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. These courses also offer Optional Practical Training and upto 2 years of Stay Back. PhD in USA Fees vary from $28,000 to $40,000 depending on the course and the institution.
- In general, university towns in the Midwest region of the US have lower living costs, whereas the East and North East are more expensive. The average apartment starts at $500 (£408) per month (a one-bedroom apartment in a rural area) and goes up to $3,500 or £2,856 (a one-bedroom apartment in a built-up city).
- There are three kinds of accommodation options available for international students- on campus accommodation, off campus accommodation and host family accommodation. In the first case, the student lives on the university’s campus, in a student room or student apartment. This arrangement is an expensive proposition, but helps in becoming familiar with the university and the students really fast. In off campus accommodation, one hires a private or shared apartment outside the campus. This cost is less. Finally, living with a family can be more expensive than off campus accommodation, but helps in becoming familiar with the American culture.
- Valid Passport
- Attested copies of 10th, 12th and Degree certificates
- Academic references – 2
- Employer references – 2
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- Certificates of extracurricular achievements
- An acceptance letter from your education institution
- Proof of payment
- Proof of financial funds
- Passport size photographs
- Study Permit and visa
- English Proficiency Test
APPLICATION FEE: Many students are not aware about Application fee. There are schools, colleges and universities charge Application fee. This fee varies from course to course and need to be paid to start the Application process. Universities waive Application fee under certain circumstances. The application fee is essential, as you will not be able to submit your application until the fee has been paid or waived.
Financial Information: Universities may ask for bank statement declaration. For this a letter from bank is required declaring the savings statement. This statement will be issued by your bank and the copies need to be attested by the same bank.
Test Scores: In universities of USA , each course have separate requirements. IEFLTS/TOEFL is common language proficiency test. You may need to prepare for GRE/GMAT/MCAT test depending upon your program to which you are applying. In few universities of USA , they ask for SAT or ACT test score prior to the Application process.
Passport: In few schools , they ask for Passport number in Application form. Without a valid passport , it’s very difficult for the schools to ask for other necessary documents which are required for applying visa. Most importantly, your passport must be valid six months beyond the time of your planned studies have completed.
Exams to Study in USA:
- IELTS(International English Language Testing System)
- TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language
- PTE(Pearson Test of English)
- GRE(Graduate Record Exam)
- GMAT(General Management Aptitude Test)
- MCAT(Medical College Admission Test)